Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Thursday 13 September 2012

My cards for Lollipop challenge No 54

Challenge 54 at Lollipop Ladies is to use one colour from the Gobstopper picture and do a monochromatic card
http://thelollipopladies.blogspot.com.au/
I have chosen purple.  I made three sympathy cards yesterday and another one a few days ago, so thought as they were all purple I would use them for this challenge.  I only ever enter my cards in one challenge.



I have used different shades of purple card, stamps from the Our Daily Bread designs 2009 and an unmounted Stamp it Set. Sharing in your sorrow from Stampin Up set.  Butterflies embossing folder, ribbon, flowers and brads.
I used the butterflies on my cards as when my father died my 3 eldest grand daughters were only little and I used the butterfly as an example.   As a caterpillar dies a beautiful butterfly flies up into the sky.  When we die our body dies but our spirit flies up to heaven. 

12 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely sentiments and butterflies. Thanks for joining in at Lollipop Ladies with your sympathy cards is purple!

Lauren T said...

Purple works so well for sympathy cards. I hope these are for your stash and you haven't suffered so many loses recently. Thanks for playing at The Lollipop Ladies!

Granmargaret said...

Thank you Lauren. They were all sent out. There have been four deaths over the last week. Not our family but friends or friends family. Two older people and two younger than I am who lost their battle with cancer.

Granmargaret said...

Thank you Susan

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Margaret,
What beautiful Sympathy cards. Sorry that they were all sent out to friends that have passed away. :(
Hugs

Gail said...

Lilac is a much softer option for Sympathy cards ,black can be a bit stark.They are all simple but sensitive to the situation.Thanks for playing along at TLL.

Elaine said...

You have done a beautiful job on these cards. So sorry to here of these losses close to you, I'm sure these cards were very appreciated. They have such a calming look to them, well done. Thanks for playing along at Lollipop Ladies, hopefully next time you play along they will be for a happy occasion. Life is so up and down. Take care.

Granmargaret said...

Thank you Norma

Granmargaret said...

Thank you Gail

Granmargaret said...

Thank you Elaine

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Very nice and beautiful cards - the butterflies are perfect and your thoughts about butterflies says it all. Sorry you had to send these out -- I am sure they brought them comfort.

Sharon

Ultimate Whirligig said...

It is such an emotional time when we loose loved ones, but isn't it lovely that you have used your talent and skills to create such beautiful cards to remind people you love them :) Margaret, they are all lovely but I especially love the last one with the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at The Lollipop Ladies :)
Michelle