Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Friday 14 October 2016

Mission Inspiration facebook group - Mission for October

Each month on the Mission Inspiration facebook page we receive 10 prompts to make a mixed media page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/missioninspiration/

This is my second month to join in and I have done a double journal page and made a bit mess.

The following were the prompts

1.  Add black gesso with a baby wipe
2.  Add torn magazine advert fragments (I only have craft magazines and didn't want to rip them so I copied Mike's page and used pieces from a pattern paper book.  I used from Kaisercraft 6-1/2" paper pad Violet Crush
3. Add texture paste through two different stencils   I add pink paint to the texture paste for the first stencil Prima Stencil-broken glass, second stencil just used texture paste with clear scraps chevron stencil.
4. Add paint or spritz with two different colours.  I used Dylusions ink sprays bubblegum pink and pink fuschia.
5. Make marks with bubble wrap.  Used picket fence distress paint with bubble wrap
6.  Add a focal image.  Added scan of drawing done by my grand daughter Emily.
7.  Glue small triangles of pattern paper randomly.  I cut triangles from paper in the Kaisercraft pad
8.  Add quote or phrase like a ransom note.
9. Add a border of your choice.  Used picket fence distress paint but some of the pink mixed into the white.
10.  Finish with drips or splatters.

I would also like to add this journal page to the following:

Creative Artiste Mixed media 19 - anything mixed media
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/welcome-to-creative-artistes-challenge.html

Inspiration Destination 107 - anything goes
http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/ag-no-107.html

We love to Create 21 - anything creative/mixed media
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/welcome-to-creative-artistes-challenge.html

Word Art Wednesday 252-253 - anything family friendly with encouraging or uplifting sentiment
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/challenge-weeks-252-253-anything-goes.html

Stencil Sunday 66 - mixed media using stencils (nocards)
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/stencil-sunday-october-2.html


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What great prompts and a fun spread to finish with Margaret
Blessings
Maxine

Andree said...

A fabulous double spread, well worth the 'messy' techniques. The colours and textures are brilliant. How wonderful to be able to include your granddaughter's lovely drawing as a focal point.
Thank you for joining in with the October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Melissa L. said...

Very cool, Margaret. Pink and black together are very striking. Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

Monika Skinner said...

Margret, you created a fabulous mess! Love all the torn sentiments and text fragments, the messy background, the texture, the pink and most of all it really complements your granddaughter's beautiful drawing! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Good Luck! :-)

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Interesting mixed media page. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in