Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Not Just Cards October challenge

October challenge at Not Just cards is anything goes (cards also welcome)
http://notjustcardschallenges.blogspot.com.au/

I went to a mixed media class at the new Mad for Markers shop at Rockdale and Sammi showed me how to make this mixed media canvas.   This is my first canvas.


Here are some of the points, didn't get them all written down.

Used water colour ink pens blue and pink,
Wet brush to merge colours then let dry
Moulding paste over stencil
stamped butterfly grunge stamp everywhere
sprayed with water
added ripped pieces of paper
cut butterfly wings out of paper
make butterfly body and head out of paper (mine is not quite right, square at the end instead of round)
Painted with pink paint
White paint around butterfly
added white and black paints.around butterfly.
Glued words onto blue card
Added pink and purple sparkle washi tape
Painted butterfly ribbon and added
Added flowers

I hope you will go over to Not Just Cards and see the lovely work by the design team and join in the challenge.

(Photo taken in the shop classroom)

I would like to add this to the following:

A Inky Mess 4 - anything goes mixed media

Artistic Inspirations 165 - anything goes

Creative Artiste 19 - anything goes mixed media

Love to Create 21 - anything mixed media
http://welove2create.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/challenge-21-anything-creativemixed.html

Mixed Media World challenge 19
http://mixedmediaworld.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/mmw19-assemblagealtered-art.html

PDE Linky Party 141 - anything goes
http://pdelinkyparty.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/ch-141-anything-goes.html

Vilda Stamps challenge 1 - anything goes
http://vildastampschallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret, well done to you for creating your fist canvas. Fabulous work and lovely colours. Expect this will be the first of many more to come? Hugs Jennifer xx

mum of two said...


What a wonderful creation! I haven't done much mixed media. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at PDE Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (PDE DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our VILDA STAMPS challenge blog
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

Janis Lewis said...

Thanks for joining us!
~DT Janis, PDE Linky Party.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful first canvas Margaret - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Diana Lynn Martin said...

This is stunning and soooo gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at PDE Linky Party!

Diana ♥
Leelee Card Designs
PDE Linky Party Design Team

Mindy Beverly said...

This is such a Beautiful project! Thank you for joining our very first Challenge over at the Vilda Stamps Challenge Blog! DT Mindy

Unknown said...

Hi - great project! I just love all the elements you have used - so much to look at. Beautiful colour combo too.
Thanks for joining us over at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
Hugs,
Bev (DT) x

Kotolifestyle said...

Beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media World this month